Tuesday 24 October 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday Snow Crystal and Sparkling Snowflake

 Hello and welcome to another mix and match your stash day. Today's card features the simply stunning Snow Crystal background stamp. As well as the gorgeous Sparkling Snowflakes from this years September to December mini catalogue.  These 2 stamps are just made for each other!

Sparkling snowflakes snow crystal stampin up Christmas card

So for today's inspiration I have created a card that features tone on tone blending. It all starts by stamping the Snow Crystal stamp using versamark ink on to a mat in the same beautiful turquoise coloued cardstock as the card base. I then used silver embossing powder and heat embossed the image.

Next I pulled out the same colour ink as the cardstock and a blending brush and blended the ink from the out side edges inwards. Where the ink goes over the heat embossed areas I simply took a soft cloth and buffed the colour gently off the embossed areas. I didn't apply colour all the way in. Leaving the center portion its original colour acts as a natural highlight. 

Next I used one of my favourite techniques.  I splattered the same colour onk over the panel. To do this I took a coordinating marker pen and using the brush tip and the lid flicked the ink over the panel. 

I then put a few drops of craft white ink refill on to an acrylic block and added a drop or 2 of water and mixed them together.  I then took a paint brush and splattered the ink over the panel too. I love how the fine speckles added so much extra to the piece without being super obvious. 

Snow Crystal sparkling snowflakes stampin up elegant Christmas card

For the sentiment I used silver embossing powder again onto a small panel. 

Snow Crystal sparkling snowflakes stampin up elegant Christmas card

I decorated the inside of the card with a layer of the same colour cardstock that I blended tone on tone around the edges to give a darker shade.
I then stamped using the 2 layer Snowflakes from the Sparkling Snowflakes set. I stamped the infill stamp using the turquoise ink and the out line stamp I again used silver ebossing powder on.

Snow Crystal sparkling snowflakes stampin up elegant Christmas card

I love how ink can create so  many shades and tines of the same colour when used in conjunction with the coordinating cardstock. 

Snow Crystal sparkling snowflakes stampin up elegant Christmas card

A simply elegant card that can be recreated in so many colour ways 😍 

No comments:

Post a Comment