Friday 3 April 2020

Fun Fold Friday  

As you may have gathered, I like to make different styled cards. I do love to make a standard shaped card too but I really enjoy playing with a piece of paper and then finding a new way to fold it. 
This one is similar in style to one that I made a few years ago too. Once again as I'm trying to keep the children occupied with homework, I decided to keep them amused and occupied making some different shaped cards.
This is basically a trifold card where I have literally folded a length of card into 3 equal sections. 
Height wise, it will still fit into a C6 envelope.
The differences are that I have diecut shapes from the middle of the first 2 pieces, each one centralised within the coordinating one behind or in front. It's not difficult but a little fiddly. I'm sure that with a little guidance and help most of the older children will be able to make it.
























 I used the Birthday Bonanza suite for this one again, more information HERE plus the addition of the dies from Stitched So Sweetly and set of dies, look HERE
and Stitched Nested Labels, look  HERE
Please note that it is not imperative that you use these dies. If you don't have them, try with alternative shaped ones.
The first style of card that I made like this, I used the retired set of So Sassy Dies. 
So the apertures were made with heart shapes all over.
























I started by adding and fixing the DSP over the mats. I die cut the smaller shape with the 2 sides together. You aren't advised to do 2 layers of card at a time as it's not meant to cut right through.
However, it will mark the outer rim of the second layer. 
So place the die around the marked area and then it can be cut out from there. 
Using a coordinating colour of card, you should be able to die cut all 3 shapes out at once. 
Fix these die cuts around the apertures and I'm sure that you'll be delighted with the outcome. 
Well, that's all from me this week. 
I hope you have a few more ideas of things you can do with your children. 
Have a fun week with them but just as important, please keep yourselves safe and well. 
Take care, stay safe and keep crafting :) 
  Gill xxx




No comments:

Post a Comment