Friday 10 April 2020

Fun fold friday...

For today's fun fold friday I'm sharing another simple fold. This fold was the first fun fold I did way back when I was a newbie papercrafter. ( oh my that's nearly 20 years ago 😱)
Take a piece of cardstock , I  have used a piece  that is the right dimensions to create a standard A6 card here in the UK.  Then fold it in half. I then folded the left hand side in half again. ( see the photo for a visual)
I then cut a piece of white cardstock slightly smaller than the card base piece. This will become the background peices for my finished piece. Using the Ornate Style stamp set I stamped all over in memento black ink. I then took my light Pool Party  Stampin Blend alcohol marker and coloured around the images. Next I cut my card in half. Then I took one piece and cut that in half too. In total creating 3 panels to adhere to my card blank.
Afer adhering the background peices to the card base I folded the card. With the smaller panels on the left hand side I folded them in a concertina fashion, mountain, valley. (See photo)
Now it's time to decorate! I used some of the coordinating dies, Ornate Layer dies, (from  the Ornate Garden suite) and the Ornate style  and Ornate Thanks stamps to create my focal points.
I adhered the panel so that it was centered when rhe card base was folded closed. Remember to only apply adhesive to half the panel😉
So that's it from me this week. I do hope you all stay safr and are following the advice for your own area and situation.
Join us next week when Gill will be showing us what she has created.
Have fun.
Cary xx










No comments:

Post a Comment