Thursday 16 April 2020

Throwback Thursday  

Hello, for throwback Thursday I've remembered that it will be Father's Day in June in the UK.
The card that reminded me was an eclipse card. You've probably seen an eclipse card before and the 1st, 2  pictures are ones that I made a few years ago.
My card for this year I made using the Noble Peacock Speciality Designer Series Paper. (DSP).
I absolutely adore these papers and it's taken me a long time to actually cut them up but cut them up I had to do! There really is no use in having papers and never using them! (I'm still trying to convince myself on that one)!
Anyway, I cut the 1st layer out of the DSP and then 5 more for each letter in Whisper White card. 
I could have die cut them from Blueberry Bushell but I wanted the small contrast with the blue and white. Once each layer was stuck together, I added the blue die cut onto the top. You can see that I also added the centres of the letters after I had fixed the daddy into place.
The image is from A Good Man, Happy Father's Day is from Well Said (51 Stamps in the set) and the border on the message is from Layered With Kindness stamp sets. 
More information HERE, HERE and HERE. The letters were cut from the Hand Lettered Prose set of alphabet dies. More information on the dies HERE.
there are 43 dies in the set of these too. Lots of usage in all of the sets of stamps and dies used today.
 
 

These are the 2 original ones that I made all of those years ago. as you can see, it's not so easy to see the letters.....






Here is the new card. I really like the way the white highlights the letters in 'daddy'.
I finished it with a white gel pen to dot and stripe the hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment