Wednesday 8 April 2020

Watercolour Wednesday...

Hands up who's a gardener?  ... not me!! But my mum on the other hand has won prizes for her beautiful garden!.
 So I hear say what's that got to do with a papercrafting post??? Well it's where the colour inspiration for today's card came from!
Mum sends me pictures of her garden and she was particularly pleased with the colour combination of the tulips in the photo below. And I sure agreed with her it's stunning and I just couldn't resist using it 😁
So how did I bring it into a watercolour card....I created a watercolour wash background.  I then stamped the bouquet image in versamark and heat embossed it using white embossing powder.  I then fussy cut the image out.
Whilst I had the ink on a block and my aquapainter out I decided to create an ombre effect tassel embellishment. It's very easy just dab the ink on with your aquapainter and leave to dry!
I also created my own background by placing some of the smaller sentiments from the Ornate Thanks set onto a large block and stamped them as one.
So where do you get inspiration for colour choices?









No comments:

Post a Comment