Tuesday 14 April 2020

Tips Tricks and Techniques Tuesday. 


Hello, today I've made some cards using one of my favourite techniques. 
It's the spotlighting technique. Several years ago, Stampin' Up! made a stamp set that had a field of poppies on and I just loved it. It was a perfect image to do this technique with, as is the following cards that I've made.
It's very simple really. I know I keep on saying that but it really is.  Stamp 2 images of the same stamp onto 2 different card mats, colour one of them in. You can use Marker Pens, Blends, Watercolour Pencils or any other colouring medium that you have or want to use. 
Once done, using a punch to make the spotlight, punch one or several areas of the coloured in stamp. You then lay the image you've chosen to spotlight over the un-coloured area. You can put a small mat behind it or edge the punched shape with ink too.
My first card I used Good Morning Magnolia stamp set. More Info HERE
It comes in 2 boxes as the large image is just that, it's very large and it needs a box on it's own!
 
























The next card I have used a new stamp set called Ornate Style. In fact, Cary used the same set last week. So please have a look at what she has made too.
I used the same technique but this time I use a 1" circle punch and a small die for the black mat below it and as you can see, I spotlighted a few areas of the flower spray.
I used the coordinating stamp set called Ornate Thanks for the messages on this one.
More information on the stamps HERE
and HERE
 
























Using the same technique can give you different results each time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment