Friday 24 July 2020

Fun Fold Friday  

Well, we are here again, another week has gone by and WOW hasn't it flown? When we are children Christmas always seems so very far away. Now that I'm older it gets here far too quickly!
We will be making Christmas cards before you know it!! OOO! How scary is that?
Anyway, as we have still not even got to August yet, lets worry about that later. 
As it's Friday, I have made another Fun Fold card. This time, it's a card within a card. One card opening the right way and the second card a small square. I chose Highland Heather and Purple Posy card for the bodies of the cards.
For the base card using Highland Heather, I cut a piece of card 22.5cm  by 14.85cm (8,3/4" by 5,3/4") and scored it along the 22.5cm side at 7.5cm (3"). 
I used the Loyal Leaves stamp set for my images and you'll find more information HERE
In the 2nd colour, I cut a card 21cm by 10.5cm (4,1/8" by 8,3/4") and scored half way at 10.5cm (4,1/8") along the 21cm edge. I added Whisper White mats to the inside of the smaller card and place it onto a mat the same colour as the base card which was 11cm (4,1/4") square. 
I added DSP to the front panels of both cards and the inside of the shorter panel on the larger card.
On the main card 4cm and 4.5cm from the edge of the card, I cut a slot 11cm log. This is to enable the front of the smaller card to slip through the aperture when closing. 


  I used the new papers called Playing With Patterns to decorate inside and out on this. I then stamped the leaves and added them to the front of the card and inside to complete.


 I watercoloured the leaves in Calypso Coral and So Saffron to get the Autumnal colours
using a Watercolour brush.



Once the card bases are cut out, decorate with your favourite papers etc and cut out the small slot on the left hand panel. It's only about 0.5cm or (1/4"). 


Once both are decorated, add the smaller card to the centre panel placing the smaller card in the centre of the card back with a border of approximately 2.2cm (7/8")  from all 3 edges and 1 fold.
Once in position and before fixing permanently, check that the smaller card will go through the slot in the main card from the front.


Both cards fold on opposite sides so the large card folds on the left and the smaller one folds on the right as shown in the diagram.
 Finish your card by adding embellishments throughout.


Thank you for joining me this week, I hope you've got some ideas to make your own projects.
Take care, Stay very safe and see you in a short while.
Cary will return next week with her creations.
:))

No comments:

Post a Comment