Tuesday 28 July 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Zoo Globe

Who knew 1 year old's birthdays could be so busy!!! Lol my niece Rya's birthday was great fun even though we had to abide by the social distancing rules.  So now I can share the card that inspired this weeks Zoo Globe inspiration 🤣🤣🤣
Today's card is what we call an A5 card, that is a piece of A4 card folded in half. Great for special cards this size also allows you lots of room to create on 😉
My tip for today is one that might not at first be obvious but in my opinion makes thing look more finished. What I'm talking about is a small detail.
When you fussy cut/ die cut an image that is close cut ie following the stamped line, take a corresponding marker pen and carefully ink the cut edge !! If you work from the back it is safer as you're less likely to accidentally go onto your image. 
The reason for doing this is to not be able to see the white of the card core. It helps make a more finished look to your work in my mind. On my card its the fun elephant in the Zoo Globe that I've cut 3 stamped images and stuck them together to add extra dimension to the globe scene. I used a black marker on all 3 images once the were stuck together. 
Well I hope you like Rya's card it was a hit with her and her family 😊

Zoo Globe Tips tricks fussy cutting StampinUp





No comments:

Post a Comment