Wednesday 15 July 2020

Watercolour Wednesday Zany Zebras

One of the most stand out things about zebras, aside from their cuteness 😉 of course,  is that their bold stripes are there for protection! The strips act to break out their outline and help to camouflage them from predators.
Why you may ask am I telling you this? Well it's  the word camouflage and hiding that inspired the background for today's card! 
I first stamped my Zany Zebras in versamark and heat embossed them in white on watercolour paper.
 I then used my reinkers to add a drop or two of ink into the lid of the corresponding ink pad off 3 different colours. 
I then used a spritzer to spray water all over the watercolour paper ensuring it was well covered
Using a water painter I added a drop water to each colour. Then dropped the ink with the water painter onto the card.  The very wet surface allowed the ink to run and dilute across the card. As the embossed lines of the  Zany Zebras resist the watercolour they begin to pop out across the card but with a camouflage body 😉
This is a fun but somewhat messy technique that is a great way to make very unique backgrounds.  

 zany Zebras watercolour stampin up



No comments:

Post a Comment