Wednesday 8 July 2020

Watercolour Wednesday   

Hello again. Today I am carrying on from my post yesterday when I said less is more. 
Watercolouring doesn't have to be delicate or fancy, you can make just a very quick and simple background in the following method with any type of water based inks.
I took a spare piece of Soft Sea Foam Card that only about 5cm wide by 14.4 cm long. 
Onto one of the longest blocks in my Stampin' Up! set, I scribbled Stampin' Write marker pens in several shades of greens. Then using a water spritzer I soaked it with water. 
I really love the way that the colours have bled into each other.
When I could see the colours were fully wet, I laid the piece of Soft Sea Foam card onto the block and held it down to soak up all of the ink and water. 
I couldn't wait for it to dry after that so I used the heat gun to dry it off. 
I trimmed down the edges and matted it onto a piece of Shaded Spruce, then using Dimensionals,
 I raised it onto the left side of the Whisper White card base.
I die cut some of the leaves in Shaded Spruce from the Forever Flourishing Dies. 
More information HERE
The dies coordinate with the Forever Fern stamp set. 
More information HERE.
The above links will take to our shop and you can see the whole range of the coordinating products.
  I even used a few scraps of Merry Merlot. 
This dark red is gorgeous so I die cut some leaves in that too.
A message onto another scrap of Soft Sea Foam and punched out using Story Label Punch in Shaded Spruce too. I stuck the leaves to the back of the labels then using a few marker pens in the same colours, I flicked some tiny droplets of ink over the white card base.






 

A Shaded Spruce mat on the inside with a left over strip of the watercoloured paper,
 completes this card for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment