Friday 3 July 2020

fun fold friday

Today I'm sharing my last post for the week using the gorgeous Prized Peony stamp set....but it won't be the last time I use it....it's just tooo gorgeous and I haven't even played with the dies that coordinate with it yet!!!
So for today's Fun Fold Friday project I thought I'd share a simple box. The box can hold cards or small gifts. I've got 4 cards and envelopes in mine. The final size of the box is 12cm x 17cm x 2cm. { 4 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 3/4"}
It is very easy and there are photo's below to help my instructions. First take an A4 sheet of cardstock and score at 2cm on each side [3/4"]. Next score along the long side at 14cm and 16cm. [ 5 1/2" and 6 1/4"]
Now along both long sides cut to create tabs as shown in the photo below. I have used tear and tape on the tabs as you need a strong adhesive. Then flip the card over and fold all the score lines with a bone folder to create strong folds. With the card in a portrait orientation fold the base of the box and use the tabs to secure. Now along the top edge of the lid punch a finger notch with a circle punch. To ensure that the lid fits well fold the lid over the base and secure with the tabs. [ photo's below might explain it better lol]
Now the fun really begins as you can decorate to your hearts content!
Well that's it from me this week please join us next week when Gill will be sharing her creations.
Have a great weekend
Have fun
Cary xx





















 prized peony



No comments:

Post a Comment