Friday 29 January 2021

Fun Fold Friday - Lovely You

Well today is my last time with you this week. I have made one of my favourite folded cards and that I believe is called a Gate fold card. Very simple and very straight forward to make the gate fold card base. Each outer edge of an A5 sheet of card is folded into the centre point of the piece of card. In the UK it is 10.5cm from each end. So that should give you approximately 5.25cm fold on each side. I started by cutting 2 white mats to go onto each of the sides the same measurements as the card folds. Then I stamped randomly over each piece until I was happy with the design. I tool some of the gorgeous soft orange or Calypso Coral card for the backing of the stamped papers and cut it slightly smaller than the front panels. The white stamped panels were then trimmed down too. I like to see a small border around each of the layers or mats as we call them. 

I then decided the focal point needs to a circle as there are enough straight lines on it. I die cut a circle and a frame using the Stitched Shapes dies from Stampin' Up! I stamped some  more flowers and the leaves and placed them together on the inner circle. Once done, I added foam shapes under 1 half of the circle and outer ring and placed them where they are. A simple message for the front and another for the inside with a few more of the flowers and that's it. 

 

 
 

 

I do hope I have given you some ideas to get you crafting this week? Cary will be here on Monday with some of her amazing creations to show you. 

Until I return, please take care, stay safe and KEEP ON CRAFTING! 

Gill :)) 😍😁😍

2 comments: