Wednesday 27 January 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Lovely You

 Hello everyone, thank you for stopping by today. My card today is quite subtle in the watercolouring side of things. I coloured 3 marker pens all over the surface of an acrylic block then spritzed it with lots of water. Then holding the watercolour card still on top of the block I let the paper soak up all of the ink before removing it. The colours merged softly across the paper. I left that to dry then repeated the same on another piece of paper. Once they were both dry, I die cut the flourish from the 1st piece. I used a very deep, dark purplish/red, a bright red and a very pale, peachy pink pens for the colouring. It's really amazing what water  spraying onto ink does! I then stamped the flowers onto the remaining piece of card but the peachy pink was quite insignificant once stamped out so I coloured them all in the dark red. Then I do what I like to do best and that is fussy cut them out! 

The tabs on the flourish were folded around the white embossed mat and the dark red (Blackberry Bliss) card. Nothing else to hold them on but glue dots under the flowers. 

Another die cut oval and the message was stamped then mounted onto the flourish centre with foam shapes then a message on the inside to complete this card. I hope you like it.

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment