Wednesday 20 January 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Love you Always suite

 For today's watercolour inspiration I played with just 2 colour reinkers, watercolour card, a stencil, stamps and dies and a cello bag.  The Love you Always suite has 2 stamp sets and 2 coordinating dies. One of those dies is a beautiful detailed heart shape. The Floral heart dies coordinate with the Love you Always stamps.


I knew I wanted to create a background with a watercolour technique. First I  gathered some watercolour cardstock,  reinkers, spritzer and a stencil.  I then took 2 reinkers , one purple and one turquoise,  and a cello bag. I dropped tiny drops of both reinkers randomly onto the cello bag. A piece of any plastic/ acetate/ silicon mat would work equally well it was just that I had a cello bag to hand πŸ˜‰. I spritzed the cello bag with water to activate the ink.

I then placed 1 sheet of dry watercolour cardstock onto the scarp paper and placed the stencil on top. Next I quickly flipped the cello bag over and on top of them.  Then I took the cello bag off and placed a second piece of watercolour cardstock on top of the mask in place of the cello bag. By doing this I can make a second background with the ink that sits on the mask as well as one that uses the ink that goes through the mask  . I hope that makes sense πŸ˜‰

Once my backgrounds were dry I cut them to size and created 2 square cards.  On the background that was under the stencil I used the delicate heart die and cut it out then raised it up on 3D foam and replaced it back into the space. This effect is often called an eclipse technique.



I finished the card with a sentiment stamped and heat embossed with white embossing powder onto a vellum banner.


For the second card I used the background that was on top of the stencil to create a simpler card. 

 stampin up love you always watercolour technique stencil valentine

Now not being one to wast anything I used the scraps of the backgrounds to create 2 gift tag cum book marks to go with the cards.  I also had some scraps from yesterday's project so incorporated them too.. Waste not Want not ehh πŸ˜‰


I do hope you'll give this fun, if a bit messy, technique.  I love creating backgrounds do you?






No comments:

Post a Comment