Friday 1 January 2021

Happy New Year and Fun Fold Friday - My favourite sets and cards

HAPPY NEW YEAR to you all.

 It's my last day for this week and as it's fun fold Friday, I just have to show you some of the fun folds that I love and have made. Now obviously these can be made using any sentiment of images that you have but I'm going to show mine here. My favourite type of card is something that has an extra WOW to it so I guess that's why I love the fun fold cards so much. I hope you do too.

Some of them you may have seen on the blog this year but many you haven't. Here are just a few. 

This first one I have used the lovely stamp set called Beauty Abounds. It has some lovely images and the most amazing phrases too. This card looks like a standard C6 card but it slides open as you can see from the picture below.

Here is another the same style.

This is another simple looking C6 card and although it isn't a fun fold, it can be adapted to be one too. Just by hinging the piece of card on the front, it can be a double or even triple fold card. Once again I have used the gorgeous Celebrate Sunflowers stamp set.

 
The favourite of many of our team members this year has been the scrappy card. One of our team members, Danielle Ehren has made many of this style and shown eveyone on the team how simple they actually are. Just by using the odd bits of card or paper hanging around on the desk, you can make this or many cards like this very quickly and of course very economically! I used the Dinoroar papers for this one. I have used different coloured strips of card, different papers and absolutely all sorts to make cards like this. The cards are all well received too which makes it even more worth while doing.

 
This one below was a challenge card by another team member, Elizabeth Bennett. This one can be made into a gift card holder, or just an additional message on the little tab or even attach tickets or all sorts to it. I used Inspiring Iris stamp set for the images and messages. 
The paper of course is Seaside Spray and the Plush Poinsettia Speciality papers. I just love them!

The card below is obviously using the Poppy Papers and Peaceful Moments stamps but the style of the card was shown to us all in another team challenge by Tina Smith. I love the way you can add different pieces of paper, another mat and messages or images to the front of the card. I really do love this fold.

Here is another peak at my special poppies card this year. This is the card I made for my son and daughter in law for their wedding anniversary this year. It's a simple easel card but this time the front of the easel is a shaker card! A little bit extra on this one. I used the Peaceful Moments stamp set. 

The card below is made using the Scalloped Tag Topper punch. Now, I love the dies from Stampin' Up! but I truly love the punches they make too. This was made using a piece of card that had been folded equally into 4, then each section was wriggled into the punch and the top was made. The image inside was all stamped onto one piece of A5 white card, coloured and decorated then cut into 4 equal pieces for the mats. Much easier than it looks too thankfully!

This one has to be my most favourite fold ever. I made this style of card a few years ago as a swap for one of our annual get-togethers here in the UK. I used the gorgeous Gingham Gala papers for that and it went down down extremely well. It still gets made regularly I am really pleased to say too. This one was made for our demonstration with the DDM of Stampin' Up! in the UK as a special. I like to dispel the myths that fun fold cards are difficult and thought this would be the ideal time and it was! PHEW!!! Fortunately, the gasps and comments as that's going to be too difficult were soon dispelled and many of those who watched or took part were able to make it and shocked at how simple it actually was.


Well, that's it from me for this week. Again, I would like to wish you a very Happy New Year and my wishes to everyone to stay safe, keep well but keep on crafting will never change.

Take care everyone and thank you all for your support over the last few years too. Should you be interested in looking at our shop for any of the amazing products I have mentioned over this week, please click HERE and it will take you there via another page so that you don't loose this one!

😍😍😍 Lots of Love Gill xxx 😍😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment