Tuesday 19 January 2021

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Love you always suite

 Today's card was made using a product that has sat in the draw unused for toooo long.... Frost white shimmer paint!! And a brand new tool to my craft stash the blending brushes from Stampin' Up! 


 

Why did I decide to get the Frost white paint out? I saw a great project by a fellow Stampin' Up! Demo  Linda Heller. She shared how she had created her own pearlised cardstock and it was Wow!! So I just had to have a go!!

It's  a very simple technique that opens up so many possibilities.  Gather together the shimmer paint, blending brush, cardstock of choice ( I used a lovely purple called gorgeous grape), something to put a small amount of paint on ( I used an acrylic block)  and some scrap paper to work on.

 pearlised cardstock frost white shimmer paint embossing folder technique

First put a few drops of the paint onto your non porous flat surface. Now gently dab your brush or other blending tool into the paint. Then gently work the paint over the cardstock.  



The paint gives a beautiful pearlescent finish to the card. Now another tip would be that this can also work with pattern paper 😉.

Once I'd cover the cardstock,  it dried really quickly, and I was happy with the finish I decided to run it through my die cutting machine with an embossing folder. 



The piece of card on the right is the same colour cardstock as the one on the left! And they have both been embossed using the Painted Texture 3D embossing folder from the January to June mini catalogue from Stampin' Up! 

Once I had my background I moved onto creating the focal point. I stamped one of the sentiments from the Always in my Heart stamp set. I then die cut some leaves and flowers from the coordinating die set.

A flourish of ribbon and my cad was complete. I hope you'll have a go at this fun technique it is a great way to make the most of your stash 😊






No comments:

Post a Comment