Wednesday 6 January 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Darling Donkeys

 Watercolour doesn't always have to include lots of ink ....in fact for today's Darling Donkeys card I've used no wet ink at all!!

I started by applying two colours of ink, blue and green, with blending brushes to the middle of my cardstock.  You don't have to use blending brushes you could use sponges or sponge daubers I chose to use the brushes as they are now available from Stampin' Up! So as a demo I just had to try them out didn't I? ๐Ÿ˜‰ lol


If you'd like to give these fantastic brushes a go you can purchase them from HERE

Once I'm happy with my blended piece I took out my water spritzer and gently misted water over it. I then unscrewed the spritzer and used the straw part of the spritzer and gently tapped it to spread some larger spots of water over it. Now it just time to sit back an wait for the magic to happen. As the water hits the ink on the cardstock it repels the ink and leaves a pale spot. It is a really easy technique and great fun.


Finally all I needed was to stamp, colour and fussy cut out this adorable Darling Donkey ๐Ÿ˜ 

A clean and simple card that was fun to make and will bring a smile to the recipients day when they receive it. 




6 comments:

  1. Absolutely adore it! What colors did you use on your darling donkey?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I used seaside spray and petal pink Stampin' Blends alcohol markers to colour him in.

      Delete
  2. Absolutely adore it! What colors did you use on your darling donkey?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A perfect CAS card! Did you use watercolour paper, or just whisper white?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ๐Ÿ˜Š I used thick basic white cardstock ๐Ÿ™‚

      Delete