Wednesday 13 January 2021

Watercolour Wednesday - Delicate Petals

 Hello again on this really cold day here in the UK. Boy it is really cold today! Never mind, I don't care as I'm having fun crafting and making cards. I never get bored when I'm making cards, do you? Today's card is watercoloured but when I started it, I had no idea how it was going to materialise into one! I started by stamping the large petal 3 times onto some post it notes or sticky labels. I peeled off 4 together and cut through all 4 layers which then gave me 16 petal shapes. I then stamped onto a piece of white card and stamped each petal one by one covering each petal after it was stamped as I didn't want the ink to go onto the previously stamped one. 

You can see here what they all looked like once I had finished. Leaving the post it notes in situ enabled me to stamp the smaller petal on the edges so that they just popped through the other petals. I then fussy cut it out.

 

After I fussy cut the flower out, I stamped some of the smaller petals again but this time the were inked with the lovely soft yellow of So Saffron and I 'kissed' the petals with Pear Pizazz, the lovely soft green ink. Kissing the stamp with other inks just gives the tips and the edges of the petals a different shade of colour. It was at this stage that I inked an acrylic block with the soft yellow and using a water brush, I washed the ink across the petals. One by one, they were each added to the next in a spiral and I finished off with circle in the centre. For a change, I added Rhinestones to the card to give some sparkle to conplete it.  

 




2 comments:

  1. Your fussy cutting is so accurate and beautiful. I love the card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you 😊 Fussy cutting is something I find really relaxing 🙂

    ReplyDelete