Thursday 4 March 2021

Throwback Thursday Vine Design

 Today is a style of card that I admire but find a bit scary.... white on white ! For me colour is what attracts me to projects and a lot of the time colour is what inspires my cards!! So I thought I'd take the dies that coordinate with the Vine Design stamp set. Called Flowering Vine dies they contain dies that cut out the flowers and the cartouche but their main attraction is the 3  beautiful intricate dies. 

Flowering Vine dies Stampin Up

So I die cut 3 of the rectangular ones in white and carefully applied wet glue and stuck them together. 

I then embossed a piece of white card. I placed that onto some 3D foam and attached it to a white card base. I then attached the die cut panel ontop and ran a little ribbon around and tied a bow.

Now the hardest part of the card for me is the sentiment. I decided that a black stamped sentiment would be harsh but then what colour to use?? I ended up using a very light blue.  

I also used a little technique to enhance the sentiment strip . I stamped the sentiment then die cut it out. Then I left the sentiment stip in the die. 


I then used a ball tool and ran it around the inside edge . Then when I turned the cartouche over it revels an attractive embossed edge to the die cut . In the picture below the you can see that the top one hasn't had the extra embossing and the bottom one has.



Now her is a close up on the finished card.


So the finished card is 90% white but hey I never said it was easy 🥴

Vine design Flowering vine dies Stampin Up  white card




3 comments:

  1. By any chance are you selling this set? If so lmk thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, this is a retired stamp set and dies. It might be useful if you tried in your local market place to see if anyone is selling or prepared to sell. Sorry I can't be of any more help. I will mention it to Cary though. xx Gill

    ReplyDelete