Wednesday 17 March 2021

Watercolour Wednesday sand and sea suite

 Today is a a watercolour card..... promise 😉 It envolves ink and water so that makes it a watercolour technique for sure 👍 I know that the seashells in the Friends are like Seashells scream to be water coloured but I wanted to use the die cuts.

So in the stamp set there is a speckled background stamp that inspired me to create the splatered style background.  First I cut my watercolour paper to size and spritzed it lightly with water. Then I smoshed some ink onto an acrylic block and added a couple of drops of water.

Now the fun began! I used my brush to pick up the watered down ink and splattered it across the watercolour paper!. I also blew across the paper to create some movement of the wet ink across the paper. All in all a quite satisfying play with water and colour 😉

I then decided to add specks of gold to tie in with the gold die cut. I mixed a little water with some tombow glue on an acrylic block and using a clean brush splattered that across the piece. I then took some gold guilding flakes and rubbed them across.  They caught where the glue was and rubbed off the rest . 

Stampin up guilding flakes easy watercolour

Once the background was dry I finished my card off with gold foil die cut and embossed and cut apart elements. A simple gold heat embossed sentiment and gold foil layer and voilà 



Friends are like Seashells stampin up watercolour spatters guilding flakes die cut and embossed



No comments:

Post a Comment