Tuesday 2 March 2021

Tips Tricks and Techniques Tuesday Vine Design

 Today's I'm sharing a project that was created once I applied one of my favourite  tips..... Embrace the mistake!

 I wanted to use the cartouche stamp in the Vine Design stamp set. I had the idea in my head to repeatedly stamp the image at intervals to enhance the blended background I'd made.


As you can see in the picture about it is a simple outline but I thought it might look good embossed in gold in a tile fashion 😉 Well stamping in clear versamark ink on a blended background isn't the easiest thing to see so it wasn't until I'd poured the powder on that I saw my mistakes...... I'd gone a bit off track to say the least!!! 🤣

So I heated the embossing powder and then finished stamping but with the decision to see how it goes! 

Heat embossing vine design stampin up ink blending

I then took my versamark ink pad and edged the piece in ink. I then dipped the inked edges in gold embossing powder to create subtle gold highlights to the edge of the piece. 

Finally I stamped the cartouche and sentiment in gold embossing then fussy cut it out and placed it into one of the background spaces 

Vine Design Stampin Up heat embossing

A sprinkle of adhesive-backed sequins and I was done ✔  

So the moral of the story is don't disgard a piece embrace the mistake and make it your own!!!!



2 comments: