Wednesday 3 March 2021

Watercolour Wednesday Vine Design

 Today's card is a 2for1 kind of deal. I used a technique called Rock-n-Roll stamping with a water spritzer.  I used the large fern image from  the Vine Design stamp set as well as one ofbthe pretty flowers in the set.

First I used the Rock-n-Roll technique to ink up the fern stamp. You do this by first inking the whole stamp in one colour, I chose a light green. Then you take another darker colour, I used a dark green, and gently roll the ink pad around the outer edge of the stamp. By doing this you end up with a two tone effect on the stamp. 

Usually you then stamp the image onto your cardstock. But as I wanted to create a more watercoloured effect I spritzed the stamp with water before stamping onto a lightly damp piece of watercolour paper. 

Rock-n-Roll technique Vine Design stampin up watercolour spriter

I then gently respritzed the stamp with water and stamped it again onto a piece of watercolour paper...2 images for 1 inking!!

Vine design stampin up watercolour card idea

I love the way the colour spreads and mingles and how you get 2for1!!

I then used the same two techniques for the flowers. Then used the dies that coordinate with the stamps to cut them out.

A piece of coordinating card embossed with a lovely texture folder and the card was done bar the sentiment. I heat embossed the sentiment using white powder to keep up the bright look that I was looking for.






No comments:

Post a Comment