Friday 31 May 2024

Fun fold Friday Thoughtful Wishes

 Hello and thank you once more for joining me this week. If you have been watching this week you will know that I have been using the gorgeous Thoughtful Wishes stamp set and some of the rest of the suite. It truly is a really gorgeous set. Today's card is of course as it is Friday, a Fun Fold card. Now I know a lot of you don't think that there is much fun in making a fun fold card but trust me...there really is. :)) 

Today's card is no exception. I started off with an A4 piece of Thick, white card and cut it down portrait style to measure 14.85cm or 5,7/8" by the full length of the card. I then folded it at 9.9cm from each side and scored again at 4.95from each side so there are now 2 score lines on each side. This makes a type of Gate fold card or I believe in this case I think it may be called a Balcony card. I folded the first 2 folds outwards and the next 2 folds inwards. So basically a mountain and a valley fold on both sides. 

Taking 2 sheets of DSP from the Thoughtful Journey Designer Series Papers and trimmed them to 14.4cm high and placing them face to face, along the outer edge again at 14.4cm or 5,5/8". I joined them at the back of the paper straight along the centre and then adhere them onto the card base. 

After the card was completed, I started to die cut. I rather like the Elegant Borders dies and co-ordinated them with the Delicate Forest arch die. I used a piece of Fresh Freesia for the borders and Misty Moonlight for the archway. Attaching the edges of the borders to the arch on both sides, I then laid them onto the card base so the inner edges of the card base were perfectly straight facing towards me and added the pieces 1 by 1. A few sentiments added to the front and some more die cuts to the back (for the message to be written) and this one is finished. I used Adoring Hearts sentiment for the back of the card. It seemed to fit perfectly.

  


 



Well, once again, that's it from me for another week, Cary will be back on Monday to share her creations so please stop by to see what she will be sharing. 

I will be back the following week but as always and until then ... TAKE CARE, STAY WELL AND ALWAYS.....

KEEP ON CRAFTING!!

😍😍 xxx Gill xxx 😍😍

No comments:

Post a Comment