Friday 13 September 2019

Perfectly Plaid...

For my final Perfectly Plaid  card this week I have decided to share a card that isn't christmas. Again its one of card ideas that jumped out at me when I first saw the set.
If you're a regular on our page you'll know that I'm  rather partial to a rainbow and getting messy! Todays card fulfills both! I used the embossing resist technique to create the background.  I stamped the trees in versamark then heat embossed them in clear embossing powder and heat set them. I then used sponges to apply ink in a rainbow colour over the top. As I covered a tree in ink I huffed on the tree and using a piece of kitchen paper to buff the ink of the trees.  I kept the rest of the card nice and clean with a simple white base and black stamped sentiment. 
On the inside I had a little fun. I cut a small strip, 0.5cm, from the front and stuck that down. I then got small strips of coloured card stock that are the same as the inks I used.  (These strips are 0.5cm wide too.) I them stuck them in order onto a piece of copier paper. Then using the clear embossing powder again I heat embossed the tree image. I then punched it out using the pine tree punch and stuck it in.
Well that's it from me.  Gill will be sharing with us all next week. Have a nice weekend wherever you are.
Have fun
Cary xx






No comments:

Post a Comment