Thursday 29 April 2021

Throwback Thursday Today's Tiles

 Today I'm sharing a #simplestamping card that highlights how 2 step stamping works. There are quite a few 2 step stamping stamp sets around but the Today's Tiles set shows how it works beautiful. 

You start by deciding which stamp you're going to use first and what colour ink you're going to use. I typically use the most filled in stamp and use a light shade. But for today's sample I used the  dark shade of green called Evening Evergreen from the 2021/23 In-Colors.  I also recommend using a stamp positioning tool such as the Stamparatus. The reason will become clear πŸ˜‰

Today's tiles Stampin up 2 step stamping evening Evergreen



Next I laid the infill stamp on top of my stamped image to line it up exactly.  Being photopolymer the stamps are clear so it's easy to do πŸ™‚.  Close the plate so that it picks up the stamp and ink with an alternative colour. For my example I've used the pretty lilac Fresh Freesia.  For my card I used the other shade of green called Soft Succulent. Now stamp and the infill will work like a charm. 

Today's tiles Stampin up 2 step stamping

The result is lovely.  It gives your stamping another dimension. 

Today's tiles Stampin up 2 step stamping

I love the versatility that 2 step stamping offers. Most of my projects this week have just used the outline stamp which is fab. But by using the infill stamp it opens up a whole host of colour options πŸ˜€ I loved the delicate tonal look that I've achieved using the 2 shades of green. 




To finish my card I used a sentiment from the Today's Tiles set and die cut it out using the coordinating die set called Field Tiles.  

So if you'd like to take part in our giveaway this week please leave a comment below .

Today's tiles Stampin up 2 step stamping


4 comments:

  1. Ooh, lovely. Another set I may need to purchase now you've made it look so tempting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohps 😁 glad you're enjoying the inspiration 😊

      Delete
  2. Love that set. And I like the greens too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a great stamp set and the greens are just gorgeous 😊

      Delete