Friday 21 April 2023

Fun Fold Friday - Men's Cards -

For today's card I have used the lovely Seaside Bay stamp set. This was one of the sets that we used for our recent retreat. It was great. There was a coincidence too. Both Cary and I made similar cards! Mine was using the Stylish Shapes dies and Cary used the Layering Diorama dies similar to my card for today. 

This card was a large card but I will give you the instructions and pictures for a standard sized C6 card. Using Basic White card, 28cm by 10.5cm high. I scored along the long edge at 10.8cm, 13.3cm, 24.15cm and 26.7cm. I also cut 2 mats/inserts 12.7cm by 10.5cm and I scored 0.9cm from each end. This was where they will be joined to the main card body. Now on my smaller card, I used the Stylish Shapes dies but any dies will work as long as there are 3 differing sizes. Using the largest die first, I die cut the shape from the front panel on the card. That will be the largest panel between the 13.3cm score line and the 24.15cm score line. Taking each of the inner mats one at a time I die cut the shapes by looking through the previous one to line them all up correctly. I added DSP from the By The Bay set of papers and then added one side only at a time, The scored edges of the mats were adhered with Tear 'n Tape from the back of the card and spacing them out on the shorter sides.   

In the pictures below, you can see the mats folded towards the back of the card on both sides.




 

 I did cheat however, this was the card that I made for my youngest son's partner. Tyler's birthday was a few weeks after mine and as my son, Kai works very long hours we couldn't get together any nearer to my birthday so we celebrated both Tyler's and my birthday together with a gorgeous dinner!
 

 That's it from me for the week once again. Please take care and I will see you in 2 weeks. 

Until then, take care, stay well but most of all....

KEEP ON CRAFTING.

xx😍x😍  Gill  😍x😍xx

No comments:

Post a Comment