Tuesday 25 April 2023

Tips tricks and techniques Tuesday retiring 2023 colours

 Today I've  made cards using 3 more of the retiring core colours from Stampin' Up!. The colours are Blushing BrideSoft Suede and Mint Macaron.  This selection of soft subtle colour work so well together. 

Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards

As it's  Tuesday I have a fun technique to share using the above colours and the Nature's Prints stamps. I'm  calling this technique a Mini One Sheet Wonder. One sheet wonders have been a firm favourite of mine since I started stamping. They're a great project for beginners and avid crafters alike. They all start out the same way with a piece of plain cardstock.  You then stamp all over the cardstock and finally cut it to work on mulriple cards in various layouts.

For my mini version I started out with a piece of basic white cardstock measuring 10cm x 14.5cm . I then randomly stamped in all three colours using a variety of the stamps over the entire piece. 

Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards

I then used this cutting guide . I  used a circle die but a punch would work as well.

Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards

 I like that there was no waste with this cutting layout. 


Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards

Now to create cards using the pieces. I started with the circle. I embossed a mat of white cardstock using the Fern embossing folder . I then mounted both the mat and the stamped circle onto soft suede cardstock.  A simple sentiment onto a white circle and that to was mounted onto a soft suede circle was added.

Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards

I then used the square which the circle came out of. I made a 10.5cm x 10.5cm card base from blushing bride cardstock and cut a 10.5cm x 10.5cm mat as well. I embossed the mat with the fern embossing folder and adhered it to the card front. I then popped the square of the stamped one sheet wonder up onto 3d foam and adhered it to the card front.  I stamped a sentiment onto a white circle and mounted it onto a blushing bride one and adhered it to one side on the front.


Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards

And finally the 3 strips. I used mint macaron for the card base and also cut a 9.5cm x 13.9cm mat. I then took the splodge stamp from the set and inked it with mint macaron ink and stamped down one side of the mat. This tone on tone trick gives a lovely effect with out being overwhelming. I alsobtook my blending brush and applied a little ink all around the outside edges. This gives it definition as it is going ontop of the same colour cardstock. I stamped the sentiment directly onto the mat. Then added the 3 strips above the sentiment.  I used 3d foam to adhere the mat to the card base.

Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards


I do hope you'll give this fun technique a go. It's  a great way to make a set of cards that would work well as a gift. It is also a fun way to make multiples that are all unique. 

Retiring 2023 core colours stampin up mini one sheet wonder cards






 


No comments:

Post a Comment