Thursday 27 April 2023

This or That Thursday 2023 retiring core colours

 Today I'm sharing 2 cards made with the last 2 retiring core colours.  The colours are merry merlot and sahara sand. Merry merlot is as the name suggests a rich deep red. Sahara sand is a lovely neutral tone.

2023 retiring core colors merry merlot sahara sand stampin up natures prints best wishes card

As it's  This or That Thursday I have made 2 cards. One in each of the 2 colours although they do have a pop of the alternative colour in them 😉

The cards are what I would call grungy. That is to say there is a lot of layering of colour. I started each card by stamping directly onto a white mat in the cards primary colour. I then used the same stamps and stamped in versamark and heat embossed in white powder. 

I next took a blending brush and applied colour from the outside edges working inward. On the merry merlot version even after wiping the embossed areas with a soft cloth the ink had stained the areas a soft pink. Now in real life it's  a really pretty effect, even though not intended, but I'm not sure it translates as well in the photo's. 

2023 retiring core colors merry merlot sahara sand stampin up natures prints best wishes card
 
After heat embossing and blending I used the splodge stamp from the Nature's Prints stamp to add further grunge to the mat. I then mounted the panel on sahara sand then adhered it to a merry merlot card base. The sentiment was heat embossed in white onto a merry merlot die cut lable and mounted onto a sahara sand circle. 

I repeated the process with the sahara sand ink and cardstock. 

2023 retiring core colors merry merlot sahara sand stampin up natures prints best wishes card

When I started the process I was certain that the merry merlot version was going to be my favourite....

2023 retiring core colors merry merlot sahara sand stampin up natures prints best wishes card

But then when I'd  finished the sahara sand version I just couldn't  decide!!!

2023 retiring core colors merry merlot sahara sand stampin up natures prints best wishes card

So which do you prefer the merry merlot or the sahara sand? Let me know in the comments below 😀

No comments:

Post a Comment