Tuesday 18 April 2023

Technique Tuesday Men's cards

As I said yesterday, this week I am going to concentrate on making men's cards using different stamp sets. Today's set is Bamboo Beauty. This lovely, subtle stamp set is so pure and simple. I have used a technique that I occasionally like to do and this time is using some of the Silver Foil Speciality Pack of foiled papers. There are 3 different tones of silver foil and I often have difficulty deciding which to use.  

For today though, I chose 2 different shades. I cut 2 C6 card mats 10cm by 14.4cm and embossed only 1 of them using the Metal Plate embossing Folder. I then cut each one in half diagonally, in both directions. That gave me 4 triangles in each shade. I took the 2 sides from one and swapped them with the 2 matching sides from the other mat. It is as simple as that! I laid them face down and added tape to the back of them to re-join them into the C6 mat again. I used the third design of the foils with a 6cm by 6cm square which was turned diagonally too. The sentiment was centralised across the diagonal square before mounting onto the card. A few of the little bamboo shoots stamped and fussy cut to add the simple decoration on each one.






No comments:

Post a Comment