Thursday 13 April 2023

This or That Thursday Pansy Patch

I saw a picture set in to a frame with a mount inside in an online shop. What took my fancy was that it was available in either a  white frame with a black mount or a black frame with a white mount. And whilst I was admiring the frames an idea took seed in my imagination... and it was perfect to show how wonderful the Pansy patch bundle is!

Pansy patch stampin up birthday card

The dies that coordinate with the stamps make the most amazing flowers . You can create your own colour palette and just let your imagination have fun!

For my cards today I decided to keep it fairly natural in the colour department.  I wanted them to be striking though. So I went for shades of purple. I made 2 sets identical so that I could test the frames.

I wanted to copy the black in white and white in black idea to see which I prefer.  And here is card 1...

Pansy patch stampin up birthday card

As you can see I started with a white card base . I decided to use my Stiched rectangles dies which are sadly retiring at the end of this month. I took 2 that would give a nice trim boarder. 
I then took a white mat the size of the front of my card and die cut out the larger of my chosen dies. Next I cut a black mat slightly smaller than the white and die cut the smaller stitched rectangle out .
I then adhered the 2 mats together and adhered them to my card base with 3d foam.
This left the perfect space for my gorgeous purple pansy.


Pansy patch stampin up birthday card

The second card was created the same as the first but with a black card base and large mat and a white smaller mat.
The flowers were made using 2 shades of purple cardstock and white which I  blended light purple onto.
One thing that you might notice is that I didn't put a sentiment on the front of the cards. So I put it on the inside instead...

Pansy patch stampin up birthday card

So which do I prefer 🤔 I can't decide can you? White with black? Or black with white?

Pansy patch stampin up birthday card



1 comment: