Wednesday 5 April 2023

Watercolour Wednesday - Atristically Inked

 Do you ever have one of those days when you have done so much but when you look back at what you managed to do you realise that you haven't done the 1 main thing you wanted to do? That's me today. I set out to today's card and did so many other things but not the card!! Crazy isn't it? Anyway, I have now made my card for today! In actual fact, I have made 2! It started with a piece of watercolour paper and an acrylic block. I soaked the watercolour paper by spritzing it with cold water. I stamped the block onto a Fresh Freesia Ink Pad and just blobbed it all over. While it was still wet, I added Melon Mambo, Granny Apple Green and Bermuda Bay inks in the same way as before. I then spritzed it again and  dried it with a heat gun. Using the large and small flower stamps from Artistically Inked stamp set, I stamped the flowers in Melon Mambo repeatedly across the paper.

Using the Artistic dies, I then die-cut the large flower and leaf out of the watercolour paper. I embossed the mat which was now dry using one of the trio of Embossing Folders called Basics 3D folders. I used some black dimensionals to mount the flower and leaf to the 2 mats and completed both cards with a simple sentiment stamped onto the strip of card that I removed from the watercolour mat. 

Below is the mat before it was die-cut. It looks very odd I know but I am rather pleased with it.






                                                                            2nd card







2 comments:

  1. Love these cards. Would never have thought of stamping the flowers to add colour the master board.
    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete