Wednesday 12 April 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Pansy Patch

 A simple one colour watercolour wash is the basis for today's card. I knew I wanted to create a card using a single colour ink and that it would be made using layers of colour. I also knew that I would be using the highlight stamps from the Pansy Patch set.

So I started with a piece of watercolour paper and wiped it all over with my anti static bag! Yup I decided to heat emboss my images directly onto the watercolour paper before I did the watercolour wash. Not only did I heat emboss the pansies I also heat embossed the sentiment directly onto the watercolour paper as well!

I then decided on what colour to use. I chose a shade of pink called polished pink.  It's a vibrant shade that's one of my favourites. 

Next I took my spritzer and spritzed the paper with plenty of water. I then added a few drops of reinker to the cover of my ink pad and added a few drops of water to it. Then I used my wide waterpainer mixed the ink and gently applied a very light wash all over the paper.

Next I took a paper towel and dabbed it dry. Now I added more colour to parts again dabbing it dry. I could have waited for it to dry naturally in-between applications but I'm  too impatience 😉. It also gave the background  some nice texture from the paper towel itself!


Pansy patch stampin up watercolour layering card

I then took the finest of the waterpainers and used much neater ink to add highlights to the pansies. 
I then adhered the panel onto a deep pink card base added a few iridescent pearls and the card was done.

Pansy patch stampin up watercolour layering card

I lovebhow this card came out.  It was so easy to make. The watercolour paper definitely adds to the feel as does the texture from the paper towel. 
All in all a fun card to make. I hope you like it too.

Pansy patch stampin up watercolour layering card





No comments:

Post a Comment