Tuesday 16 June 2020

Tips, Tricks and Techniques Tuesday

Continuing with my theme this week of beginner crafting and inspired by the Beginning Brochure frim Stampin Up I have created 4 #simplestamping cards.
The cards use a very simple technique of creating patterned paper withe the stamps and inks in the Cute Fruit collection. I always start with the larges images then fill in the spaces with the smaller ones.
Rather than starting with a large blank piece of cardstock, which can be very off putting!, I  cut myself a piece that measured 15.2cm x 15.2cm ( or 6" × 6"). The smaller size is what I would recommend for beginners.
Next I employed another #simplestamping technique the one sheet wonder. This basically means to cut a larger piece of card or paper into smaller peices to use on different cards. My layout is for a 15.2cm x 15.2cm peice of card and creates 4 simple cards. ( layout if in the photos)
To give my cards a little more colour I used another simple, but somewhat messy , trick...I ised my ink pad directly to colour strips of white card to create coloured card! My tip is to make sure to do rhis on scrap paper and to not over ink the card. When it's wet the colour may look a bit dark but it will lighten as it dries.
So 4 cards made with one stamp set , 1 acrylic block, the classic Stampin spot assortment and whisper white cardstock.










No comments:

Post a Comment