Tuesday 30 June 2020

Tips, tricks and techniques Tuesday..

I keep cut flowers in a vase next to my daughter's photograph, she died 2 years ago. So each week I buy beautiful flowers to share with her. A few weeks ago peonies were a very good price so I treated us to a few bunches. One of which was the most amazing colour ... the most beautiful pale lemony yellow frulled centers with just 5 pale pink outer petals!! They were stunning!! I'd never seen lemon yellow peonies before!

So I have taken inspiration from these beautiful flowers to create today's card..yellow peonies 😊
Now that was one of my top tips took to nature to inspire you. There are no right or wrong colour combinations just those that are pleasing to your eye.
I used my Stampin Blends alcohol markers to colour the stamped images.  I first gave the whole blossom a quich wash of colour using light so saffron a very pale yellow. I then went in and using the stamps shade lines as my guide went over them with a light mango melody blend to give it both depth and a little pop of brightness. I blended the colours together with the light daffodil delight blend . 
Overall I am very happy with the way my yellow peonies have come out 🙂 
What do you think? 




No comments:

Post a Comment