Wednesday 10 June 2020

Watercolour Wednesday  

Today I have made a card using the watercolour method of colouring a sheet of paper.
I was going to colour in an image then watercolour it. I think this has worked out better. 
Using a piece of Watercolour paper, I spritzed it well with water. 
Using 4 shades of blue Stampin' Write marker pens, on a large acrylic block I scribbled the colours several times. 
I spritzed that too with water and while it was still really runny, I turned it upside down and moved it side to side and top to bottom of the paper. 
I moved the paper around to spread the colour throughout it before using the heat gun to dry it thoroughly,
 I have used the same stamp set today as yesterday. It is Timeless Tropical. 
More information HERE
It does have a set of coordinating dies too but I haven't as yet used them. Tomorrow maybe?
I used Night of Navy card for a mat inside and on the front then a Thick Whisper White card base.
Old Olive and Soft Suede marker pens to stamp the palm trees. 
Granny Apple Green and Daffodil Delight marker pens to colour the pineapples which were initially stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black ink pad.





Personally, I find that watercolouring a whole or part sheet of watercolour paper in this way
is probably the easiest way for me to succeed with the backgrounds.
How do you do your watercolour backgrounds?

1 comment: