Thursday 11 June 2020

Throwback Thursday  

For this Thursday I've made another straight forward card like earlier this week
using the Timeless Tropical stamp set. More Information HERE
This time, I've added a few more elements to it. 
The Hibiscus flower was stamped in Memento and coloured in using my new Blends colours, 
Magenta Madness. IT IS A STUNNING COLOUR!!
I also used the coordinating dies today only for the leaves.  After stamping the flower and leaves, I fussy cut the flower and die cut out the stamped leaves and the 3 very small leaves too
in Granny Apple Green card.  I think the colours go beautifully together.
With a Night of Navy card base, a frame made of Copper Foiled card which was raised using 
Foam Adhesive Strips. I took a Whisper White mat smaller than the copper frame and embossed it
with the Layered Leaves Embossing Folder, which has now sadly retired.
Just because products have retired, doesn't mean that we cannot continue to use them. 
I am a great believer of using things that I've bought even if they've 
been replaced by more gorgeous things!

























After fixing them all onto the embossed white mat, I added more smaller pieces of the foam adhesive strips to the centre of the frame to support the white mat.
Using Night of Navy Ink Pad, I stamped the message inside and on a scrap of white card. The front piece was punched out using the Timeless Label Punch. I forgot to say this the other day but I then stuck the white mat onto a coloured base, in this case Night of Navy, and fussy cut around it. I know lots of people struggle with fussy cutting curves etc. but in my belief and this is a very important tip, all crafter should have an Emery board in their crafting tool kit! It really is perfect for rounding off and neatening fussy cut edges too. I swear by mine!
I hope you like what I have done with this one?

No comments:

Post a Comment