Monday 1 June 2020

Make it simple Monday

For today's make it simple Monday project I'm  going to use a stamp set that I really like from Stampin Up  that sadly is retiring tomorrow, Tuesday  the 2nd June.  Called We'll Walrus be Friends it is a grest fun set.
So to celebrate I've created 3 samples.
The first is a #simplestamping.  I stamped the walrus and coloured him in. I coloured around him with blue to make him pop from the page.
For my second card I stepped the simple card up a level for the casual crafter. I used the same layout,  stamps and colours but introduced 2 easy techniques and some ribbon as well as raising the sentiment.
The techniques I used where masking and splattering. Masking is where you stamp your image. Then stamp it again onto a post it note and carefully cut it out. Now cover your stamped image. Now I splattered to create interest behind my stamped image. Uncover the post it note walrus and voilá.
My third sample is stepped up even further and is for the avid crafter.
It uses fussy cutting, 3d decoupage, watercolour wash and an embossing folder.  I also used rhinestones that I coloured with blends to finish it off.
So which one do you like best? And what type of crafter are you? A beginner, casual or avid crafter?










1 comment: