Friday 26 June 2020

Fun Fold Friday  

Hello from me for the last time this week. Today is Fun Fold Friday and I have made a very
simple fun fold. A Z folded card. 
In actual fact, last night, Cary and I held a Christmas craftalong. It's where we all get together and using all of our own materials and stamps, we have started our Christmas cards.
Hopefully in my case, that will mean I wont have to panic at the last moment makeing cards for everyone!
I used the papers from last year called Feels Like Frost. They are gorgeous silver patterns on one side and the front has photgraphic images printed on. The colours in them were mostly soft for example, Balmy Blue, Blushing Bride, Highland Heather, Purple Posy etc. Then with the added Night of Navy, Pretty Peacock and Rococo Rose to bring them all together. They really are gorgeous and the bonus is....They may be in the new seasonal catalogue coming out very shortly! Yippee!
My cards were both onWhisper White card bases and I've added Balmy Blue and Seaside Spray mats to coordinate with the papers.
A Z fold card is very easy to make.
In this case, I cut a piece of A4 in half doen the longest length of the card. Scored half way across that and on one half only, scored half way along that too. I then added a matching white mat the same size as the C6 card base once it was folded. In this case 14.85cm by 10.5 cm.
Onto the mat, I added a piece of the DSP ( Designer Series Paper) from the pack
 cut at 14.4 cm by 10 cm, which is only a half centremetre smaller than the base card and mat.
On the first card base, where I had scored the one half of the card again, I folded it into the card. Then adding adhesive onto the smaller, outer part of the folded card base, I added the separate mat with the DSP onto the card base. It really was a very quick card as all I added was a message to the front and inside onto a piece of coloured card to match.
The stamp set I used was the lovely Itty Bitty Christmas which has stayed in the catalogue this year.
There are 18 lovely messages in the set for only £20, a bargain in my mind.
More information HERE
 


 
Above view you can see how the card will look like once together.
The next one carrying on from the simple Z fold, I changed it up and made it into an Easel card. 
Exactly the same process and papers but this time I added a message mat which was raised up using Dimensionsals or foam adhesive. This then acts as the stand for the easel.
A simple addition this time in that I stamped the deer onto a scrap of white card, coloured him in using Soft Suede Blends and a little white gel pen on his head and back. I then added him using Dimensionals once again. You can see from the side once again the shape the card will be once completed.  
I used the lovely Nature's Beauty stamp set which last year was a hostess gift. Thankfully, it has carried on into the annual catalogue!
More information HERE
 




 
I added another piece of DSP to the back edge of this card to add a little more interest.
Not essential but I rather love the papers!
Thank you for joining me this week. 
Cary will return on Monday with some of her amazing projects to hopefully inspire you.
 Gill xxxxx :) 


No comments:

Post a Comment