Tuesday 2 June 2020

Tips, tricks and techniques Tuesday

So my final sample for the 20219 / 2020 annual catalogue is today and once again featuring the we'll walrus be friends stamp set.
The technique of the day is paper piecing.
This is where you stamp an image then stamp it again on another piece of paper, plain or patterned, and then cut a part out. Now you adhere it directly over the top of your origional stamped image.
This technique works great on projects like the one I'm sharing today. I created a watercolour wash in highland heather. Then stamped the walrus image in gorgeous grape where I wanted him. Next I stamped the same walrus in black memento onto scrap card and coloured him in with my Blends. Once I'd cut out the walrus I used a black Stampin Write Marker to go edge around the cut edges to give it a clear definition.
Now I carefully adhered him over the top of the stamped image on the card.
This means that the colour below doesn't interfere with the colour of my walrus.
Well I hope that you like my last card from the 2019/2020 catalogue. As like the sentiment on the front says the 2020/2021 Stampin Up annual catalogue is coming tomorrow.....Ready or not!!!!!




1 comment: