Tuesday 1 October 2019

Mercury glass acetate...

Inspiration comes from many places for me. The inspiration for todays card was a random memory of a childhood classic. I read The Secret Garden by Frances Hodgson Burnett many times but for some reason a memory of an illustration from one book jumped to mind. The sketch showed a gothic style window  with a mirror behind hidden in the garden. Mercury glass was originally used as a reflective surface in mirrors so in my imagination the glass had become mottled over time and the reflection of the garden was blurred. When I saw the mercury glass acetate I knew I had to have a go at recreating this image. I used my Stampin Blends alcohol markers to colour the back of the acetate.  Then used die cuts from the painted glass suite to create a gothic window. A few flowers and the card was created. Do you find inspiration in odd places or memories? Well I hope that my card sparks a little inspiration for you today 😊


No comments:

Post a Comment