Friday 7 October 2022

Fun Fold Friday - Cheerful Basket

 My last card this week using the Cheerful Basket stamp set, I've made a standard Z fold card with a little extra. Now yellow isn't usually my go to colour, although I do like yellow but it's quite a strong colour and wasn't quite sure if it would work. I think it does, I hope you do too.

Cheerful Basket stampin up fun fold card


I took a piece of Thick Basic White card and cut it at 29.7cm by 10.5cm. Basically, that's half a sheet of A4 cutting straight down the middle when you hold it in a portrait style. I scored it in half when I turned it to landscape direction and then one side in half again. That's it! It is as simple as that. The rest is decoration. 

Cheerful Basket stampin up fun fold card

Cheerful Basket stampin up fun fold card


I wanted to make apricots and not apples with the stamps this time. I don't know if it looks like apricots, yellow peaches or what but I stamped several images of the 'apples' stamp and one of the basket. The rest was colouring in. Now you know that I love my Stampin' Blends pens so that's what I used in several shades and different colours. Pinks, oranges and yellows just on the fruit. If you don't have the Blends, use any colouring medium that will give you the shading that you want. It works even with colouring pencils.

The yellow card is Daffodil Delight and the other is Soft Suede for the mats. I embossed all of the  Daffodil Delight mats with the Leaf Fall embossing folder. It gives a really detailed effect on the papers. It's really lovely. 


Cheerful Basket stampin up fun fold card

Cheerful Basket stampin up fun fold card


The extra part is the little strip of card that was cut at 2xm by 9cm and scored every 2cm and then glued using multipurpose glue. As I had folded the strip in half all I had to do was to add adhesive to one of the squares before adding it to the position I wanted it to be in. Once in position, I added glue to the piece on the left and folded the card down to ensure fixing in the correct position. I opened it up and added a piece of Soft Suede 4cm by 5cm. This was then where I added the basket and fruit. When the card opens, so does the basket. It just pops out.

Cheerful Basket stampin up fun fold card


I finished off the card by using one of the sentiments from the stamp set and another from Celebrating You stamp set.  

Thank you for stopping by this week, I really do hope that you have some inspiration to get your crafting hat on and make some cards too. 

Cary returns on Monday and will aim to inspire you with her creations too. 

Until I return the week after, please take care, stay safe but just as importantly...

😍😍  KEEP ON CRAFTING. 😍😍

Thank you again, 

Gill xx

No comments:

Post a Comment