Tuesday 4 October 2022

Technique Tuesday - Cheerful Basket

Hello again. Today's card using the Cheerful Basket stamp set, I have gone mad with the cats! I had a circle shape already die cut out from the Layering Circle dies in Daffodil Delight so I have used it like a moon behind the cats. My technique this week is repeat stamping. I was going to place a mask over each one but opted for the individual cats. I stamped 7 cats to start with and made a litter of them in the basket. Some similar colours but generally many litters come like one parent or the other which is how these are. I stamped the basket too and then started the process of colouring them all in. I used my Stampin' Blends pens but they could have been coloured using any kind of colouring tool. I do love my Blends though, very much! The coverage is just perfect and by just adding layer after layer, you can get a very different look about them all. Great!

I added the 'moon' to the Night of Navy card base and then embossed both layers with the Into The Clouds embossing folder. It's not a heavy, deep image but leaves a lovely effect of clouds across the whole card. I then started to add the cats one by one until I was happy with the whole effect. A simple sentiment at the top and another on the white mat inside and the card was completed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment