Wednesday 19 October 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Joyful Flurry

I have had fun with today's card. I took a pot and added 3 drops ink refill of Gorgeous Grape a really rich purple, then added about a spoonful of water to it. While the ink was mixing, I took a piece of watercolour paper and using Versamark Ink Pad, I stamped several of the different snowflakes all over the piece. I poured Clear Heat Embossing Powder over it all and then heat set it. It was quite shiny. Then using a wide water brush, I dipped it into the inky water and washed the colour all over the piece. I stopped occasionally to wipe some of the ink off of the embossed images but didn't really need to as it doesn't stick to it. I continued to do this a few times until I was happy with the colour.

I then dry embossed a small mat using the Wintry embossing folder, die cut one of the snowflakes partially on one end and added a sentiment and piece of ribbon. When it came to a card base I tried several different colours including Rich Razzleberry and Basic Gray but the Gorgeous Grape won. 


 Gorgeous Grape card base  

    Rich Razzleberry card base  

Basic Gray card base







 

No comments:

Post a Comment