Thursday 20 October 2022

This or That Thursday! - Joyful Flurry

 Cary and I have changed the Throwback Thursday to This and That Thursday. I rather think it's fun! So for this and that today, using the Joyful Flurry stamps and 2 dies from the Frosted Flurry dies, I made a card similar to one that I made several years ago. I used a piece of  White Glimmer paper and embossed it with the Wintry embossing folder. I found a piece of Window Sheet or acetate and cut it to a C6 sized mat and after wiping the embossing buddy across it, I used 1 of the snowflakes to stamp in Versamark ink along one edge and poured Silver Embossing Powder over it before heat setting it with the heat tool. You have to be careful with acetate, you don't want to make it too hot! I added the piece to white glimmer paper from the Real Red and White glimmer paper pack and embossed it using the Wintry Snowflakes folder. Then I added it to the Sweet Sorbet card base, I die cut a snowflake out of the Silver Foil Speciality pack, popped the spikes up and added that using Dimensionals. A sentiment or two and that is complete. 

Then as sit's This and That Thursday, I made another. Exactly in the same way but this time in Tahitian Tide, the gorgeous bright turquoise blue and instead of silver powder, I used the Copper embossing powder and copper foiled paper. 

Ok, so now it's a case of which do you all prefer? Please let me know?

First the Sweet Sorbet  



    

Now for the second card.


Now the side by side



So the question is ......Red with silver or Blue with copper???

 



No comments:

Post a Comment