Monday 3 October 2022

Make It SImple Monday - Cheerful Basket

Hello and thank you for stopping by. This week I have decided to use the Cheerful Basket stamp set with the occasional use of the dies. My first as always is a very simple card. Of course I have used my grand-daughters pencils for colouring but this time I have used the lovely bright red of Poppy Parade and Basic White card. The cards on Monday's from both Cary and I are aimed at the beginner crafter. This is quite an important thing as let's face it, we all started somewhere and followed others to get ourselves started with card making. We used to spend hours and hours trawling the internet and talking to other card makers to get advice. So we know how overwhelming it can be. 

Going back to today's card, I cut a piece of A4 card in half, lengthwise and then folded it down in half again to make the card base. I had a scrap of white in my offcuts pot that was wide enough to just add a panel across the centre. Before adding that to the card, I stamped the hearts from the stamp set twice starting roughly in the bottom centre of the panel. Then using ordinary colouring pencils, I coloured it in. The sentiment was added above the hearts and another sentiment for the inside of the card mat (the white mat). A mat is used to add layers of different sizes and colours if you want to add dimension to your projects. 

That was it really. I used multipurpose wet glue to the backs of the white mats to adhere them to the card base and this was completed. 






No comments:

Post a Comment