Friday 14 October 2022

Fun fold Friday Sweet Candy Canes

 For my final card this week I thought I'd share with you some of the gorgeous pattern paper that coordinates with the stamps and dies I've been highlighting this week. Called Sweetest Christmas   it's  a great mix of stripes, candy canes and mini diamond prints.

Sweetest Christmas sweet candy canes stampin up fun fold Christmas card

The colours are your more traditional reds and greens with the odd pop of pink and light turquoise to keep it fresh. 

I chose to make a simple fun fold that has also git a gift card or money pocket in it so that it's  a 2 in 1 card. 

You start with a piece of cardstock that measures 10.5cm x 24.7cm. You then score it at 14.85cm.  Now take another piece of cardstock measuring 21cm x 8cm and score at 10.5cm.

Take the larger piece and with the score line on the right hand side fold the shorter side toward the middle. This makes a right hand opening. You are then going to decorate bothe side's of the shorter piece and the larger panel.

Once deorated take the long narrow piece and fold it on the score lines. With the fold on the left hand side decorate the front and both left and right hand insides. I popped a pocket on the inside left side for my gift card.

Now it's time to place the 2 pieces together.  I opened the smaller card and placed the right hand panel of the larger part inside. Next I center the card befor adhering it the the larger card panel. This created a card on a card effect.

Sweetest Christmas sweet candy canes stampin up fun fold Christmas card

I really like when a card can show off lots of pretty paper and this fun fold  is a cracker for that!

Sweetest Christmas sweet candy canes stampin up fun fold Christmas card

The pocket on the inside is just right for a gift card or money. The card makes it just a little more of a special gift than just popped inside an envelope. 

Sweetest Christmas sweet candy canes stampin up fun fold Christmas card

I decorated the mistletoe with small red and white dabs of Pearlised enamel effects . The white turned a gentle green hue as it was died by the stamped image beneath it. I really like the effect. 

https://www.stampinup.uk/products/pearlized-enamel-effects-basics?demoid=5001701

I also used the decoration on the front right of the closed card to act as an anchor to keep it all closed by raising the center sprig of mistletoe up on 3d foam

Sweetest Christmas sweet candy canes stampin up fun fold Christmas card

Well that's all from me for this week. Please join me here next week when Gill will be sharing her inspiration with us all.

Have a weekend filled with laughter  and hopefully crafting. 

Until next time

Have fun

Cary xx

No comments:

Post a Comment