Wednesday 5 October 2022

Watercolour Wednesday - Cheerful Basket

Here we are again on a Wednesday for the water-colouring. Now water-colouring isn't really my thing but I am trying really hard to learn as much as I can. Today's card was one that I knew how I wanted it to look but wasn't positive that it would work so with the Cheerful Basket stamp set I stamped the apples in Saddle Brown Stazon ink and the apples in Tuxedo Black Stazon ink. Then I had fun. I started by die-cutting the corner from a C6 white mat using the Split Card Textures die and got my son to choose a base colour. He chose Granny Apple Green. (Love It)!

I decided to emboss the green mat with one of the retired Meadow Moments Embossing Folders and added it to the Basic White card Base. I mounted the White die-cut mat on top of the green using Dimensionals to add another layer. After that I started to colour the apples and basket in. I like to use a block to add the ink to and by adding a few drops of water on top, mixed it and used it for colouring. I used 3 different colours for the basket with Crumb Cake, Early Espresso and Soft Suede. The apples were a little different in as much as they are made up of so many different colours. I used, So Saffron, Granny Apple Green, Calypso Coral and Sweet Sorbet. That is a lot of colours but I think they look better in a multitude of colour. What do you think?

Here's my working on the apples, only problem is that I wasn't paying proper attention! Hearts instead of apples!!






No comments:

Post a Comment