Thursday 13 October 2022

This or That Thursday Sweet Candy Canes

 Today marks the first in our new Thursday inspiration... This or That? You get to chose what you like better. Mostly because we can't decide πŸ™ˆπŸ™‰πŸ™ŠπŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ€£ . So for my first This or That I couldn't decide which colour way I preferred.  I created a card using the gorgeous Sweet Candy Canes bundle.

The design is one I've had floating around in my head since the set arrived. Straight away I grabbed the gorgeous turquoise called costal cabana ink as I love using shades of blue for Christmas cards.

I also knew I wanted to use some of the fabulous Snowflake vellum.  This vellum is just gorgeous it has both white flocked and iridescent foiling on it that is just devine! 

Snowflake vellum stampin up Christmas card

The picture doesn't do it justice!!!

Any way with all these  goodies at hand I made my card and here it is....

Sweet candy canes stampin up snowflake vellum Christmas card

I added extra sparkle with some of the oh so sparkley Sparkle and shine sequins . 

Sweet candy canes stampin up snowflake vellum Christmas card

The ribbon is custome made using and alcohol marker and some Pool party sheer ribbon. I used the light bermuda bay  Stampin' blend, which is an alcohol marker, to make the sheer ribbon a dhade darker so that it coordinates with the card better.
I was really happy with how myvcard turned out but I then started to think what would this design look like in a very different colour πŸ€”....
And this is what happened!

Sweet candy canes stampin up snowflake vellum Christmas card

I love the classic elgance of this card! The soft neutral called crumb cake works soooo well with the white of the vellum!
I recreated the card exactly as for the costal cabana version but I had to use a different ribbon.
This time I took my dark crumb cake Stampin' blend to a piece of Gold satin edged sheer ribbon to ensure it blended beautifully with my card.
 I used the same sequines as before.  Because they are iridescent they pick up the colours around them there by working with any colour!! So useful πŸ˜‰

Sweet candy canes stampin up snowflake vellum Christmas card

So there you have my dilemma turquoise or kraft? I  can't decide!! So please let me know is it card A or card B?

Sweet candy canes stampin up snowflake vellum Christmas card


No comments:

Post a Comment