Friday 12 May 2023

Fun fold Friday Little Monkey

 A very simple fun fold for the last card of the week using the Little Monkey bundle. The stamps have a coordinating punch that is a fun addition to the stamps. So for today's card I decided to showcase the punch.

Little monkey stampin up punch fun fold card

The basis of the card is a piece of cardstock measuring 10.5cm x 29.7cm scored at 14.85cm. You then need a piece of coordinating cardstock measuring 2.5cm x 29.7cm. Then fold this strip in half and then each half in half.

The inside of the card is where the fun lies so first decorate both inside panels. You can use pattern paper,  cardstock that you add texture to or as I've done adhere shapes all over . Once the panels are adhered inside lay the fist 1/4 of the long strip about 2/3rds of the way up . Adhered the first panel dirextly onto the mat with the edge lined up. Then fold the strip concertina fashion onto itself. Then apply adhesive to the top panel and carefully close the card . 

Next cut yourself 4 panels of coordinating cardstock each measuring 5.5.5cm x 5.5cm.  These panel are then adhered to the center of each panel along the strip.

Now to decore as you wish. As I said earlier I wanted to showcase the punch so I created a few cheeky monkeys and added them along with some punched out leaves and added them to the 4 panels.

Little monkey stampin up punch fun fold card
 
I used the stamps to create the facial features for my monkeys by using a black Stampin' Write marker to apply ink just were it was needed.

Little monkey stampin up punch fun fold card

I punched lots of the banana's using the punch in white cardstock. I then adhered them over the 2 white panelfor the inside of the card to add a fun texture.

Little monkey stampin up punch fun fold card

For the back of the card I created a panel which I decorated with more punched leaves and bananas.  This time for the bananas I used yellow cardstock and a little brown cardstock for the ends.


Little monkey stampin up punch fun fold card

For the front of the card I used a panel of leaf printed vellum.  I  also ussd some more of the leaves and a monkey using the punch.

Little monkey stampin up punch fun fold card

And there you have it my final card for this week. I do hope you've enjoyed my projects and that you'll  give this fun set a go.
Next week Gill will be sharing her creations with us. So please join me here to see what she makes.
Have fun
Cary xx


No comments:

Post a Comment