Wednesday 10 May 2023

Watercolour Wednesday Little Monkey

For today's watercolour inspiration I've created a simple gradient wash over a panel of watercolour paper.  I chose watercolour paper because it can take a lot more water than normal cardstock. I wanted to create a jungle insired background for the swinging monkey from the Little Monkey stamp set. 

I started by choosing my 3 colours. I wanted them to all be shades of green. I chose shaded spruce for my darkest tone, granny apple green for the mid tone and lemon lime twist for the top note.

I then wet the watercolour paper with water and added the inks to separate acrylic blocks. Next I added a drop of water to each block and made sure my waterpainter was damp. Starting at one end with the dark geen I washed the colour across and up about 1/4 of the way up the panel. I then cleaned my brush and added another band of colour using the mid tone. Clean the brush and finish the reat of the panel in the lightest colour. I like the paper and ink to be fairly wet so that the colours meld together but not so wet that they merge together entirely. 

Little monkey stampin up watercolour wash background card


I then dried the panel and splattered some of the dark green over the panel. I then trimed it down a little and mounted it onto a white panel. Adding it to the front of a card that already had a white mat on it using 3d foam.

Little monkey stampin up watercolour wash background card

I used one of the cut off strips to decorate the inside of the card.

Little monkey stampin up watercolour wash background card

I used my Stampin' Blends which are alcohol markers to colour the images for this card.  I love how easy it is to colour with them and how good-looking the images turn out.

Little monkey stampin up watercolour wash background card

I did fussy cut the images out but they weren't too difficult to cut out. A little 3d foam to pop them up on the panel and a fun sentiment and the card was finished.

Little monkey stampin up watercolour wash background card


No comments:

Post a Comment